Dr. Piyush B. Vanzara,
Associate Professor & Head,
Chemical Engineering Department,
V. V. P. Engineering College,
Vajdi-Virda, Kalawad Road,
Res. Add.: “Piyush”,6-PragatiSociety,
Closed Street,RaiyaRoad,Rajkot-360007 (Gujarat)
Teaching Experience: 12 years 6 months
|Degree and Specialization
||Institute / University
||Year of Completion
|Ph. D. (Chemical Engineering)
||M. S. University, Vadodara
|M.E. (Chemical) - 1st Ranker Specialization-Petrochemical Engineering
||M. S. University, Vadodara
|B. E. (Chemical)Gold Medalist
||V. V. P. Engineering College, Saurashtra University, Rajkot
Research Fields of Interest:
|V. V. P. Engineering College, Rajkot
||1/3/2014 to till date
|V. V. P. Engineering College, Rajkot
||1/1/2007 to 28/2/2014
|V. V. P. Engineering College, Rajkot
||24/12/2001 to 31/12/2006
- Fundamentals and advancements of process engineering
- Hydrodynamics and mass transfer aspects of multiphase flow systems
- Petroleum refinery engineering and modernization of petrochemical plants
- Thermodynamic analysis of reaction and separation systems
Research Topic: Investigations on hydrodynamic and mass transfer behaviour of draft tube Bubble columns
Guide : Prof. Dr. R. Sengupta, M. S. University, Vadodara
Pre Doctoral Research
Research Topic: “Plant performance analysis of LDPE Plant” at R & D centre, IPCL, Vadodara
Guide : Prof. Vasdev Singh, M. S. University, Vadodara
- Resource Person of Chemical Engineering Subjects like Petroleum Refining and petrochemicals, Chemical
Engineering Thermodynamics, Mass Transfer operations etc. for Degree level chemical
engineering course of Extended In-house Learning Programme (EILP) conducted at Reliance Industries Limited,
Jamnagar, during Aug. 2001 to Jan.2004 and also as a Coordinator of the same from Feb-2012 to till date
- Resource Person of Mass Transfer Operations for M.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry)
course at Shri M & N Virani Science College, Rajkot in 2011-12
- Received Best Paper Award in CHEMCON -2006 at IIT- Delhi
- Syllabus Committee Member of M.E. (Chemical) of Gujarat Technological University
- Member of Environment Audit cell of V.V.P. Engineering College, Rajkot
(Schedule-I Auditor of GPCB, Gandhinagar) since 2004 and as
one of its Coordinator since 2011
- Member of Selection Committee for Recruitment in GTU approved colleges
- Received a grant of Rs. 25000/- under the student Sci-Tech project scheme as a guide for a project titled “A study on hydrodynamics and mass transfer behavior of air-lift bioreactors” from GUJCOST-Gandhinagar in 2011-12
- Guided number of students for projects, seminars and IDP/UDP at undergraduate level and presently guiding students for dissertation at postgraduate level
- Worked as a Training & Placement Committee Member in V.V.P. engineering college from 2007 to 2012
- Appointed as Paper Setter and Examiner for Chemical Engineering subjects at Saurashtra University, GTU, Nirma University, Gujarat University, M.S.University, DDU, Government Polytechnic etc.
- Member of Board of Studies (BOS) of Chemical Engineering in Faculty of Engineering including Technology at Saurashtra University, Rajkot during 2004-2011
- Invited Jury member in paper presentation competition of Chemical engineering in“Brahmaastra-2009” at BVM, Vidyanagar organized jointly by GCET, ADIT and BVM on 7th April, 2009
- Jury member in poster presentation competition of Chemical engineering in“Vibration-2008” at V.V.P. Engineering College, Rajkot on 7th April, 2008
- Convener of ISTE - GTU approved one week STTP on “Recent Advances in Separation Processes in Chemical Engineering and Nano Technology (RASPCENT-2014) conducted at V. V. P. Engineering College, Rajkot during 23-27th June 2014
- Convener of All India Seminar on “Cost effective and Emerging Effluent Treatment Technologies” conducted at V. V. P. Engineering College, Rajkot on 15th March 2014.
- Convener in a National Level Technical Symposium “V.V.P. Technofest-2013” organized by V.V.P. Engineering College, Rajkot on 16th March, 2013
Technical Papers Presented & Published:
- Faculty Coordinator in GTU Central Techfest held at L. D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad on 4th & 5th April 2014
- Technical committee member in All India seminar on “Bottomless Refinery Concepts” organized by IE (India) under the aegis of Chemical Engineering Division Board at Ahmedabad on 13th-14th March, 2014
- Technical committee member in All India seminar on “Hazards in Chemical Industry: Technology, Prevention and Remedies” organized by IE (India) under the aegis of Electrical Engineering Division Board at Ahmedabad on 6th-7th March, 2014
- Organizing committee member in a state level paper presentation competition “Equilibrium-2009” jointly organized by Chemical and Biotechnology engineering departments of V.V.P. Engineering. college, Rajkot, on 7th march,2009
- Organizing committee member in a state level workshop on “Reactor Design using CHEMCAD software” jointly organized by Chemical and Biotechnology engineering departments of V.V.P. Engineering College, Rajkot, on 20th-21st December, 2008
- Organizing Committee member in a National level Competition “Vibration-2007” at V.V.P. Engineering College, Rajkot, on 29th-30th march, 2007
- Organizing Committee member in GUJCOST sponsored state level paper presentation competition “Equilibrium-2005” held at Chemical Engineering Department of V.V.P. Engineering College, Rajkot, on 19th Feb.2005
- Organizing Committee member in ISTE sponsored National level Workshop on “MATLAB for Process Engineers” held at V.V.P. Engineering College, Rajkot, during 16th-18th July, 2004
- Qualified GATE – 2000 with a score of 81.89 percentile
- General Secretary-VVPECAA (Alumni Association) since 2004
Attended Seminars/STTPs /Workshops:
- Dr. P. B. Vanzara, Pooja A. Raja, Ranjan A. Sengupta,Effect of Draft Tube Height and superficial gas velocity on liquid circulation in Rectangular Airlift loop Reactor,International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology,Volume 3, Issue 1 (2015).
- Piyush B. Vanzara, R. Sengupta, “Effect of Operational and Geometrical Design Parameters on Gas holdup in Draft Tube Bubble Columns” Proceedings of International Symposium & 66th Annual Session of IIChE International Partners (CHEMCON-2013), UICT- Mumbai, December 27-30, 2013.
- Piyush B. Vanzara, R. Sengupta,“Wastewater treatment using activated sludge in rectangular Draft Tube Bubble Column” Proceedings of 28th National Convention of Chemical Engineers (28-NCCE) of IE, Ahmedabad, September 7-8, 2012.
- Piyush B. Vanzara, R. Sengupta, “Gas holdup studies in Rectangular Draft-Tube Bubble Column” Proceedings of International Symposium & 64th Annual Session of IIChE in association with International Partners (CHEMCON-2011), Bangalore, December 27-29, 2011.
- Piyush B. Vanzara, R. Sengupta “Assessment of fermentor geometries and flow patterns in the bench scale production of Baker’s yeast”, Proceedings of International Symposium on Recent Advances in Chemical Engineering and Technology (RACET 2011), organized by IIChE, Kochi, March 10-12, 2011.
- Sagar D. Mashru, Vishal A. Chavda, Piyush B. Vanzara, “Carbon Credit- An Emission Trading Scheme” Proceedings of National Symposium on Carbon Dioxide Capture and Sequestration- Challenges for Engineers (NCCS-2009) organized by GCET ,Vallabh Vidyanagar, March 6-7, 2009.
- Vishal A. Chavda and Pooja A. Raja, Piyush B. Vanzara, “Biodiesel-An alternative Fuel Resource for Rural Development” Proceedings of National Symposium on Alternative Energy Sources for Rural Development organized by Parvatibai Genba Moze College of Engineering, Pune , January 31, 2009.
- P. L. Bhargavi, Siddhi Saholia, Piyush B. Vanzara, “Production of Baker’s Yeast in a Bubble Column”, Proceedings of International Symposium & 61st Annual Session of IIChE in association with International Partners (CHEMCON-2008), Chandigarh, December 27-30, 2008.
- Piyush B. Vanzara, Anish Thomas, “Application of smart catalyst for detection and degradation of Anthrax” Proceedings of International Symposium & 59th Annual Session of IIChE in association with International Partners (CHEMCON-2006), Bharuch, December 27-30, 2006.
- Anish Thomas, Piyush B. Vanzara, “A biomass fired fuel cell as an energy booster” Proceedings of International Symposium & 59th Annual Session of IIChE in association with International Partners (CHEMCON-2006), Bharuch, December, 27-30, 2006.
- Piyush B. Vanzara, Vyomesh M. Parsana, “Modeling and simulation of CSTR for manufacture of Propylene Glycol” Proceedings of International Symposium & 58th Annual Session of IIChE in association with International Partners (CHEMCON-2005), IIT- Delhi, December 14-17, 2005.
- Piyush B. Vanzara, Lalji Kathiriya, Kajal Patel “Cleaner Production-A technique for the green technology” Proceedings of National Symposium on Emerging Technologies and Applications (ETA-2005), Rajkot, October 1-2, 2005.
- Six-days SERC School-CEP course on “Modeling and simulation of chemical reactors” sponsored by DST and conducted by IIT Bombay, May 2-7, 2005
- Two weeks STTP on “CAD in Chemical Engineering” sponsored by AICTE – ISTE and conducted by Nirma Institute of Diploma Studies, Ahmedabad, October 21 to November 2, 2002
- One week STTP on “Recent Advances in Catalysis and its Applications” sponsored by AICTE – ISTE and organized by Chemical Engg. Dept., Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, November 25-December.1, 2004
- A Training Course of “MATLAB and it’s applications” organized by State Level Anchor Institute – Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Technology, Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad,November 9-13, 2009.
- Four-days International Convention on “Environmental Crisis” organized and hosted by Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya at its World Headquarters, Mount Abu, Rajasthan, India and in association with Department of Environment and Forests, Govt. of NCT of Delhi, September 21-24, 2007.
- Three-days DST-SERC School on “Advanced Measurement Techniques in Multiphase Systems” at UICT, Mumbai during April 25-27, 2007.
- A National level Workshop on “Environmental pollution control by cleaner production” sponsored by AICTE and organized by Government Engg. College, Gandhinagar, October 15, 2004.
- A Workshop on “Advanced Computational Techniques for Process Simulation” organized by Chemical Engineering Department, IDS, Nirma University,Ahmedabad on December 13, 2003.
- A Workshop on “Research methodology in engineering education” organized by GCET-Vallabh Vidyanagar, April 22, 2006.
- 10th Annual convention of ISTE-Gujarat section and A Workshop on “Disaster management-Recent advances” organized by DDU, Nadiad, October 8, 2005.
- Two days Training Program on “Industrial application of Biomass gasification technology for energy auditors, consultants and prospective users” organized by NSIC-Rajkot and sponsored by Ministry of Non-conventional energy sources, Government of India, New Delhi at Hotel silver palace, Rajkot, January 18-19, 2006
- A Workshop and Open house discussion on “Pollution of Coastal and Marine environment of Saurashtra and Kachchh : Present Scenario & Perspectives ” held by Atmiya Institute Technology and Science,Rajkot, July 4, 2004.
- An UGC recognized state level Seminar on “Innovative Trends in Research and Process Development in Chemical industries: An Indian Perspective” held at Yogidham Educational Campus, Rajkot, February 20, 2003.
- An UGC sponsored National level Seminar on “50 years of DNA double helix: Retrospect and Prospects” organized by M. & N. Virani Science College, Rajkot, October 11, 2004.
- An UGC sponsored National level Seminar on “Bioinformatics-Emerging Trends” organized by M. & N. Virani Science College, Rajkot, January 1, 2006
- Two days National level Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Industrial Catalysts-INDCAT-2004” organized by IIChE -Baroda, December 10-11, 2004.
- A National level Workshop on “Nanotechnology: Opportunities and Challenges” jointly organized by Saurashtra University and GUJCOST, Gandhinagar, October 17, 2005.
- A Seminar on “Environment traffic pollution problems and remedies” organized by V.V.P. Engineering College, ISTE chapter, Rajkot, April 9, 2006
- A Training Program on “Capacity Building of Students and Academicians on latest Environmental management tools” organized by National Productivity Council at V. V. P. Engineering College, Rajkot, March 12-13, 2014.
- Two days Program on “Educational utilization of standards, Product certification and quality systems” organized by BIS, New Delhi and Saurashtra university, Rajkot, Jun 24-25, 2002.
- A Seminar on “Pollution & Waste Disposal: Issues & concerns” organized by Chemical Engineering Department, IDS, at Nirma University, Ahmedabad in co-ordination with GPCB, Gandhinagar, December 9, 2006.
- Two days Workshop on “Patenting in Engineering” organized by GTU, Ahmedabad at V.V.P. Engineering College, Rajkot, January 7-8, 2012.
- A short term Training Course on “Training Programme on Environment Awareness” organized by Co-anchor institute (Chemicals and Petrochemicals), L.D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad supported by Industries Commissionerate, sponsored by Forests and Environment Department, Government of Gujarat held at V.V.P. Engineering College, Rajkot, March 18-19, 2013.