Information Technology is a set of tools, processes, and methodologies to collect, process and present information. According to NASSCOM’s survey, there will be nearly 2.5 million job openings for I.T. professionals in upcoming years. We at V.V.P. Engineering College strive to make our students ready for outside world in all aspects.
Our VisionThe Information Technology Department of V.V.P. Engineering College aims to prepare the students with sound knowledge meeting the global requirements of rapidly changing technology and research, for designing and solving complex engineering problems, maintaining high ethical values so as to benefit the stakeholders, society and the Nation at large.
- To offer an excellent environment for learning and innovation that creates world-class professionals and entrepreneurs
- To endow skills to transform theoretical concepts into the real-world applications that addresses the demands of industries and other stakeholders.
- To provide a platform to the students for the development of their creative, managerial, soft and interpersonal skills
- To sop-up the state-of-the-art developments in field of Information Technology and provide all possible support to cope up with the pace of technological revolution
- To promote interdisciplinary research and ethics in professional life
Program Educational Objectives
- To prepare highly proficient professionals with a fundamental knowledge of math and science with IT skills that can be applied to solve complex real world problems
- To develop students’ creative, managerial, soft and teamwork skills that help them in their individual growth and train them with modern tools to make them learn “How to” keep pace with the ever changing technologies
- To aware students to use the Information Technology skills in environmental and societal sensitive manner ethically for the betterment of the society
- To encourage the students to enhance their analysis and design skills, gain knowledge in multidisciplinary aspects and take innovative projects that help in development of the Nation
- Graduates can apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering skills & IT deployments for betterment of the society.
- Graduates can identify, formulates, investigate and solve complex engineering problems using state of the art knowledge.
- Graduates can design system components and develop workable solutions for real world problems
- Graduates can make selection and application of appropriate methodologies and state-of-the-art IT tools to correlate engineering fundamentals for societal and human up gradation.
- Graduates should have skills to communicate effectively with superiors, higher management and sub-ordinates.
- Graduates should be able to adapt to cutting-edge tools and technologies and be a life-long learner.
- Graduates should be able to function effectively as an individual, team leader or a team member in multi-disciplinary environment and implement solutions to diverse problems.
- Graduates should have moral values, ethics and professionalism while applying IT skills
- Graduates should demonstrate project and financial management skills to handle large I.T. projects of diverse fields.
- Providing quality education since last 20 years
- Well Qualified and Experienced staff members (Click here to view Faculty Profile)
- 100% Placememt in consecutive last 5 years (Click here to view Placement Details)
- Excellent results in each semester (Click here to view Highlights of Result)
- Widest range of opportunities for Graduates and Post Graduates (Click here to know more)
- MOUs with 15+ I.T. industries for training programs (Click here to know list of Industries)
- State of the art Laboratories and Multimedia Classrooms (Click here to know the Facilities)
- More than 5 Seminars, Workshops etc. are organized for the students in each semester (Click here to know more)
- Many more activities are conducted for overall development of students. Such activities are Entrepreneurship Development, Food Fiesta, Technical Events, Industrial Visits, Swachchhata Abhiyan and many more... (Take a Departmental Tour)
I.T. Department of V.V.P. Engineering College endows advanced technical skills that are applicable across a range of I.T. platforms, allowing students to evolve with and adapt to the swift pace of technology. I.T. different offers 2 different courses with a mindset of providing not only theory education, but implementing each concept with a practical approach. The courses are:
Bachelor of Engineering ( B.E. )
It is an ideal choice for those looking for in-depth technical and practical knowledge. It provides a platform to the students to put the first step towards success. It will provide an opportunity to the students to learn, analyze and implement software and hardware solutions. I.T. Department emphasizes to deliver best knowledge of subjects like:
- All Basic and Advanced Programming Languages
- Database Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computer Graphics
- Operating Systems
- Computer NetworksNetwork
- Many more...
Master of Engineering ( M.E. )
The only college in Saurashtra-Kutch region offering M.E. in I.T. It is an ideal choice for those looking for in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge. Specialization in any field provides confidence to survive corporate level competition and makes promotions easy. The jobs in various sectors like I.T. Industries (R & D Cell), Research Organizations, Academic Institutions, Govt. Organizations are offered with higher pays scales. I.T. Department strives to deliver best knowledge on trending research areas like:
- Data Mining and Big Data
- Image Processing
- Computer Vision
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing
- Advanced Network
- Many more...
Prof. Darshana H. Patel
IT Department of V.V.P. Engg. College firmly believe in the doctrine that students should be a part of the ever-expanding technology and so they should be aware of the recent advancements. In the IT sector, demand for skilled professionals and well-trained Engineers is on the rise. The department ensures to provide a better IT Infrastructure to its students so as to build their IT Skills and make them competent in the IT World.
Department’s primary focus is to continue making efforts to ensure that all IT systems and services are highly available, highly reliable, and highly secure. It also significantly enhances the technology and facilities available to students and faculty and also strengthens its systematic effort to support the effective use of technology to improve teaching, learning, research, assessment and the administration of the College.
Our goal is not limited to provide the students with just academic knowledge but also encourage them towards building their career according to current demands of the field. The Department provides innovative contemporary and accessible technology in computing and media services to enable the student, faculty and staff of the college to effectively meet their goals as a learning community and to work collaboratively with the campus community to provide technological leadership which emphasizes empowerment of the individual through the use of technology.