Under the faculty exchange program between Chemical Engineering department and Essar Oil Ltd, on 25th November, 2017 two expert lectures at Essar Oil, Vadinar were conducted by two experienced faculty members of the department, Dr. S.S. Korgaonkar and Mr. Ajinkya Patwardhan.
Their topics were as follows:
1. Dr. Sushil Korgaokar (Sr. Lecturer, Department of Chemical Engineering)
Topic: Fundamentals of Corrosion
– Classification of Corrosion
– Dry Corrosion (Oxidation, other gases and liquid corrosion)
– Wet Corrosion (Due to oxygen (acid/alkali medium), neutral conditions)
– Prevention of Corrosion
2. Mr. Ajinkya Patwardhan (Asst. Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering)
Topic: Advance Control Strategies
– Concept of controllers
– P, PI, PID controllers
– Control strategies (Cascade, Ratio, and adaptive control etc.,)
– Feedforward – Feedbackward controller
The lectures were very informative and well- received by the engineers at Essar.
The department is thankful to Mr. Rajesh Kakkad, Deputy Manager , Essar Oil, Vadinar for giving us the opportunity to deliver informative lectures and hence interact with the young engineers at Essar. Also, we are thankful for their wonderful hospitality at the industry. We pay our gratitude to the management of V.V.P. Engineering college, to provide assistance at various levels.