- 1. Do you have of PHD degree holder faculty?
- 2. Do you have master degree holder faculty?
- 3. Do you have experienced faculties?
- 4. Does your students gets recruited in national and multinational company ?
- 5. What is your Job Placement Ratio?
- 6. Does your department ranks in TOP 5 of your Zone and in Gujarat Technological University?
- 7. Does admission in your department closes at higher merit rank?
- 8. Does your department motivate for research activities?
- Yes. Many Innovative Projects by Students of M.E. & B.E. are acknowledged and awarded by GTU.
- 9. Do you have faculties for different research areas?
- 10. Whether department runs PG(master’s) degree course?
- Yes. PG degree course started in 2011.
- 11. Does department have advance laboratories?
- 12. Does department encourages for extra-curricular activities?
- Many extra-curricular activities are carried out round the year.
- Sports Week(Indoor as well as Outdoor games)
- Raasotsav (Garba Night Celebration)
- Technofest (Platform to showcase Technical Skills)
- GTU Youth Festival (State level platform to showcase non-Technical Skills)
- Novetuer Commune (Departmental level platform to showcase hidden (Technical / Non-Technical) skills)
- 13. Do faculty members interact with industries?
Yes. Faculty members go for Summer Training to various Industries so that they can learn and understand the demands of industries.Computer Department has MoU with 06 companies in the academic year 2017-18. MoU is done to provide better Training & Placement.
- 14. Does your students ranks in TOP 10 in the result of GTU?
- 15. What is the qualification & experience of your Head of department?
- PhD with 15 years of experience.
- 16. Do you give Practical knowledge to students on latest trends & technologies?
Students are motivated to carry out their projects in latest technologies like iOS, Android, Perl, NodeJS etc. in order to meet the latest market trends.Many professors having vast experience and knowledge are guiding students for the same.
- 17. Do you have servers in your department?
- 18. Do all laboratories are in network?
- Yes. All laboratories are connected to the main server and having high speed internet connection (50 MBPS).
- 19. Do you have network administrator in your department?
- 20. Do your students go for social activities?
- Yes. Aditya Mehta & Jaimin Maniyar received i-Scale Award from GTU for teaching Slum kids who cannot effort to go to school.
- 21. Have students got any awards for technical activities?
- Parthiv Yadav developed an Android Application for GTU and was acknowledged by GTU for the same.
- A team of 6 member from 3rd CE received Rs. 25000 cash prize in Hackathon-2017 organised by Rajkot Municipal Corporation.
- N. S. Anju student of 8th semester received Dewang Mehta IT Award & prize of Rs. 1,00,000 for her Innovative project.
- Many students of different semesters have received Ranks in different Technical Events organized by different colleges throughout Gujarat.
- 22. Do your students go abroad in final year for the exposure?
Yes. Student go under International Experience Program of GTU.In 2017, 4 student went to Laurentian University,Canada under this program.
- 23. How old your department is?
Computer Department was established in 2001 and working since last 17 years for the betterment of society.
- 24. Do you give training to students for placement?
- Expert Lectures by experience professionals are conducted on regular basis (Technical / Non-Technical) which helps students for appearing in Written
Examinations, Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.
- 25. Which are your major Tie-ups?
- Department has done MoU with different 06 reputed IT industries. Department has tie-up with software giants like Microsoft, Google, Oracle and Tata Consultancy Services.
- 26. Do you have a women cell in department?
- 27. Which are the different types of Student Scholarship?
- 1. Result Based Scholarship
2. Event Based Scholarship
3. Laptop Scholarship
4. Admission Based Scholarship
5. LogBook Based Scholarship
- 28. Do foreign students take admission?
- Yes. Currently 11 foreign students are studying in our department.