Vyavasayi Vidya Pratishthan is established by Rajkot Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd. to promote quality education in various technical fields. The trust was founded in 1996 with the, being objective of meeting technical educational needs of Gujarat.
The trust prides itself of establishing the first engineering college in Rajkot, the central location of Saurashtra and Kutch region. V.V.P. Engineering College is a self-financed institution affiliated to Saurashtra University and Gujarat Technological University, recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and the Government of Gujarat.
It has a specially designed on 30 acres of land with spacious building providing an adequate infra-structural facility setup in a beautiful natural surroundings. It is landscaped with enlivened architecture that creates conducive environment of learning. The campus is located 10 Km on Kalawad Road, the west of Rajkot, with transportation and conveyance facilities.
Good economy of a country leads to better future and it relies largely on total productivity, which is highly dependent on mechanical engineers. Mechanical Engineering of V. V. P. has 120 seats in addition to 18 seats of master degree course in Computer Aided Design & Computer Aided Manufacturing.
Professors of Mechanical in V. V. P. hold Ph. D. and master degree from reputed universities across the nation with one Ph. D. completed and 7 pursuing Ph. D. Most of the professors hold Master degree.
Mechanical department of V. V. P. is equipped with modern laboratories and equipments such as Computer Aided Design & Computer Aided Manufacturing laboratory, automobile engineering laboratory, workshop, refrigeration & air-condition laboratory, thermal engineering laboratory, hydraulics and fluid mechanics laboratory etc.. Mechanical department is well equipped with CNC, electro discharge machine, single cylinder four stroke diesel engine, four cylinder four stroke petrol engine, compressor, pump, turbine, vibration apparatus, window air conditioning test rig etc.
V. V. P. does not offer only best education but also great placement. Placement means high paid jobs during engineering studies. The placement of Mechanical has always been greater than 50 % and great in the period of recession also. V. V. P. was the first institute in Gujarat and probably in India to achieve 100 % placement in 2008. V. V. P. is successful in placing to students to numerous national and multi-national industries like Reliance, Mahindra & Mahindra, Infosys, Nirma, Essar, Adani, L & T, Ambuja Cement, Amul, Tata Chemicals etc. with a maximum yearly package of Rs. 4,50,000/-.
The most modernized Mechanical Engineering is Robotics Engineering. V. V. P. is probably the first engineering institute in Gujarat having Robotics arm. Robotics arm is equipped with simulation software. With a total cost of Rs. 6,70,000/-, robotics arm consists of pneumatic gear, flexible system and computer integrated manufacturing. You are all invited to visit Mechanical Engineering Department because seeing is believing.
To transform students into professionally competent and socially sensitive Mechanical Engineers, capable of working in multifaceted environment with human values.
- Providing excellent academic environment to impart professional expertise with strong foundation of knowledge in students along with lifelong learning and practical problem solving skills.
- Framing and enhancing strongly curricular, co-curricular & extra curricular activities for overall development of students with attention to innovativeness, creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship skills.
- Nurturing and maintaining conducive environment for ethics-based practice and imbibement of human values.
Following Short Term Training Programs were organized by Mechanical Engineering Department:
- Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on “MATLAB Fundamentals and Applications for Mechanical Engineers”14th to 18th December 2015 organized by Dr. Jignasa P. Mehta (Convener) and Dr. Dipesh D. Kundaliya (Co-Convener) of Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on “Recent Trends & Advances in Press Tool Design with Software Application” 15th to 19th December, 2014 was conducted by convener Dr. J.P.Mehta, Co-ordinator Prof. M.C.Karia of Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on “Pro-E and Ansys for Mechanical Engineering Application” 9th to 15th December, 2013 organized by Dr. Jignasa P. Mehta (Convener) and Prof. Jay P. Joshi (Co-Convener) of Mechanical Engineering Department.
Following seminars were conducted by Mechanical Engineering Department:
- Problem solving techniques for GATE
- Virtual Labs faculty training and orientation program
- Computer Aided Design- SIEMENS NX software explanation
- Elocution competition 2016 of student chapter in association with IEI
- Expert talk & Demo for 3-D Printing Technologies and Rapid Prototyping
- Introduction to CAD/CAM/CAE and its software
- Expert talk on Design Engineering