Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp - 15th to 17th Feb, 2018
V.V.P. Engineering College has organized 3 days workshop on Entrepreneurship on 15th to 17th feb, 2018. This was Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC) under DST-NIMAT Project 2017-18 implemented by EDI, Ahmadabad, under the aegis of NSTED Board, DST-Government of India.This workshop was organized for interested students of final year and pre final year from all branches. In this program, inauguration was done with the motivational speech by Mr. Ram Kumar Yadav DGM NSIC and Mr. Kuldeep Singh Rajput Assistant Manager NSIC.
In 3-days workshop there were expert session of some renowned experienced industrialist like Dr. Shaileshbhai Makadia CEO of Radhe industries, Mr. Bharat bhai Gajipara CEO Sarvoday sankul, Mr. Vivek Vyas CEO of shraddhanjali.com, some entrepreneurship trainer like Mr. Paragbhai Kakaia from NSIC, Mr. Maulik Chauhan from M. H. Gardi, SSIP coordinator Dr. C. H. Vithlani from GEC Rajkot then industry visit at pelican rotoflex and at last one competition on product marketing.Total there were 173 students have participated. All the participant got very good knowledge on all the aspect of business and startup. They are now highly motivated and determined to do their startup. Students and faculties are thankful to the management and principal sir for their support in organizing this workshop.
To make this program successful, efforts have been done by Prof. Devangi Kotak, Prof. Megha Karia, Dr. Dipesh Kamdar, Mr. Raghuvaran Naidu, Mr. Komil Vora, Mr. Sharad Gajera, Mr. Priyank Khirsariya, Mr. Chirag Savaliya, Mr. Shreyas Dhuliya and student coordinator from all branches.
Success Stories - EDCVVP’s EDC (Entrepreneur Development Cell) recently organized a session for sharing Success Stories of students who dually play the role of a successful entrepreneur. Thus, by working while learning, these students are able to shed off the load from parents’ shoulders and fulfill their own needs all by themselves. EDC under the guidance of Prof. Devangi Kotak of CE Dept organized this session to motivate the students to turn into the field of entrepreneurship. This session helped the students understand the hardship faced during starting a venture & more importantly they learnt how to overcome these obstacles. Stories of ventures in various fields were shared ranging from Tuition Classes to E-Veggie Mart to Android API Development. The session was very well hosted by Mudit Dholakia (CE – 8th Sem) who ended the session with the display of his mimicry skills.
Expert lectureTopic: “Guidance to become Entrepreneur” Expert: Mr. Maulik Chauhan, Social Edupreneur, Soft skill & communication Trainer, Motivational trainer & speaker, Life coach, etc…. Audience: Interested student from all branches Date: 11/7/15 Detail: V.V.P. Engineering College, Entrepreneurship Development Cell has organized an expert talk on “Guidance to become entrepreneur” for the students who want to be entrepreneur in their career. Expert, Mr. Maulik Chauhan, is a professional trainer, motivator and mainly working in one campaign called “Transforming YOU-WAAH”. He has discussed every aspect of entrepreneurship including real life challenges, competition, marketing etc.. with students and motivated them very well. Overall organization has been done by Prof. Devangi Kotak – CE department and her team from all the department.
Topic: “Entrepreneurship Awareness Program” Expert: Mr. N. M. Jani, Regional officer, The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Rajkot Audience: Interested student from all branches of 5th and 7th sem. Date: 31/7/15 Detail: V.V.P. Engineering College, Entrepreneurship Development Cell has organized an expert talk on “Entrepreneurship Awareness Program” for the students who want to be entrepreneur in their career. Expert, Mr. N. M. Jani, is a regional officer at CED Rajkot. He is a great motivator also. He has discussed every type of programs and help provided by CED for the entrepreneur. He has also discussed schemes provided by government for the startup as well as for any business person. Overall organization has been done by Prof. Devangi Kotak – CE department and her team from all the department.
Topic: “Human Resource Development” Expert: Mr. N. M. Jani, Regional officer, The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Rajkot Audience: 7th semester all branch Date: 20th August, 2015, Time: - 10:30am to 04:30pm. Detail:
V.V.P. Engineering College, Entrepreneurship Development Cell has organized an program on “Human Resourse Development” for the students of 7th semester who want to become entrepreneur in their career.
Program start with prayer and lightning the lamp. Expert and chief guest was welcomed by principalsir Dr. Sachin Parikh. Principalsir has discussed importance of such type of program and motivated our students to become entrepreneur and play their role effectively in society.
Expert, Mr. N. M. Jani, is a regional officer at CED Rajkot. He is a great motivator also. He has discussed every type of programs and help provided by CED for the entrepreneur. CED organizes lectures, field visits and workshops to create a platform for the students to realize their potential and showcase their bright ideas before public and industry.
As the term itself denotes, HRD is a programme meant to develop human’s own abilities of communication and decision making at the field area. In other words, it refers to inculcation, development, and polishing of entrepreneurial skills into a person needed to establish and successfully run his / her enterprise. Thus, the concept of human resource development involves equipping a person with the required skills and knowledge needed for starting and running the enterprise.
The main purpose of such Human Resourse development is to widen the base of entrepreneurship by development, achievement and motivation of entrepreneurial skills among the less privileged sections of the society.”
Human Resourse development Programme is for Academic, Industrial, Business group and students participants to excel in their work performance and aptitude. This leads to strengthen employee and employer's relationship. Important behavioral aspect subjects like Motivation, Communication Skill, and Problem solving, Aptitude, Creativity and Stress Management are being covered.
Overall organization has been done by Prof. Devangi Kotak – CE department and her team from all the department.
Ray Film Commune
|Movies of the MonthRay Film CommuneVVP Engineering College - Rajkot|
|Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind||2nd Saturday, 11th April’15||Time 12 to 2 pm||VenueLanguage Lab H01 Ground Floor, Round Building|
|Wall E||4nd Saturday, 25th April’15||Time 12 to 2 pm||VenueLanguage Lab H01 Ground Floor, Round Building|
|Then (March – 2015)|
|Life is Beautiful||2nd Saturday, 14th March’15||Time12 to 2 pm||VenueLanguage Lab H01 Ground Floor, Round Building|
|February – 2015|
|Pursuit of Happiness||4nd Saturday, 28th February’15||Time : 12 to 2 pm||VenueCentral EC Auditorium Hall|
Link for registration: http://goo.gl/forms/jN75xj5L69
Vanue: EC Auditorium Hall
Time: 2nd and 4th Saturday, 12 to 2 pm
Film is a very effective mass communication medium. Now days, movies are available on almost every subject. Hence, movie can be a very effective tool of exploration for the students and staff. The movie Commune has been named “Ray Movie Commune” (Ray from Satyajit Ray or Ray also means ray of light).Objective:
- Cognitive Skill Development: To develop the students/participants critical thinking. They can learn interpretation of situations and can develop point of views for discussion. For example watching the episodes of Satymev Jayate will help them to critically understand various issues and will motivate them to systematically solve it.
- Soft Skills Development: The very essential part of one’s personality and the important need of today’s professional life can be developed by observation of the movies. The discussion at the end helps the participants to form their opinions in a rational way and to present to others in an effectively communicative way. Further, writing the reviews will help to develop their art of presentation. Listening something in English will help them to improve their language and listening abilities.
- Broadening Mind: To make the participants understand the power of media for bringing change. (Movie: ‘Rang De Basanti’)
- Reliving the History: To make the participants live the history again. Historical movies like Steven Spielberg’s Schindler’s List depict the pains of World War - II as well as ‘Munich’ ‘Saving Private Ryan, Titanic, 1900 etc. also bring back the past.
- The People: To get familiar with the lives of many eminent personalities across the world for example the movies like ‘Lincoln’, ‘Gandhi’, ‘Marry Com’, ‘Mandela Long Walk to Freedom’ etc.
- Social Awareness: to make the participants aware with the various socio-psycho issues. As the UNO recognized documentary movie ‘India Untouched’ brings forth the problems of Indian Society as well as the movie ‘Tare Zamin Pe’ has also work for understanding the problem of dyslexia in children.
- SiFi: Expanding the Boundaries of Imagination: Scientific Fictions is the most popular movies genre and very helpful to the engineering students to develop their scientific imagination for deigning products, problems, and solutions. Eg: ‘Paychek’ ‘Avatar’, ‘I Robot’, ‘Surrogate’ etc.
- Wandering the World: Through the movies of different cultures and times, the participants can explores the world at home.
- Text to Screen: Many good movies are adaptations of some good books. Hence, watching the movies is also familiarizing with the books. The participants may get better exposure to literature.
- Broader Understanding of life: Many movies teach the art of living. It can be a guiding factor to live and lead life ahead happily as shown in the Academic award winning movie ‘Life Is Beautiful’.
- Progressive Shift: In long run, ‘watching movie’ can also be promoted as ‘making movie’.
- The interested VVP students and staff can voluntarily participate in this Commune.
- Interested students and staff have to first register themselves on the link: http://goo.gl/forms/25bGaeYGdM
- Only registered members will be allowed for better management.
- The movie Commune sessions will be organized on every 2nd and 4th Saturday from 12 to 2 pm.
- The participants will be informed in advance about the next movie and will also be provided relevant material for broader understanding of the movie.
- The participants will be shown one movie in each session and discussion will be carried out on the same.
Every year 15th August - Independence Day & 26th January – Republic day is being celebrated in VVP Parivar with the flag hosting. The students are presenting various cultural items related to patriots. These events are showing that our new generation really loves their India & Indian Culture. This event highlights the spirit of patriotism of the new generation of the Indian engineers and creates the feelings of responsibility towards the family, society and country. All the members of VVP Parivar get together on these days and celebrate these events.